Recipe: Paleo Egg Muffins

This month has been trying to get back into shape - healthy foods, healthy lifestyle. The Rice University outer loop (5K) was something I never really took advantage of during undergrad...yet here I am running it every other day. I make myself park at its visitor lot for $1 a day instead of the garages closer to the med center. That way, every time I have to visit school, I make sure I run.

Last week I felt the effects of a poorer diet (potato chips...you're too devious). My running felt more tired, I felt nauseous and heavy. It was clear I needed to strap down or else I'm never going to be Claire Underwood.



I can't tell you how enamored I've been with her. Clean, well-tailored, and neutral wardrobe that demands respect. Every outfit she owns fits her proportions to a T and looks sharp and sophisticated. I need to call my tailor...!

Anyways, here's another recipe inspired by Nom Nom Paleo: Proscuitto-wrapped Egg Muffin Bites.



Ingredients:
5 eggs
1/4 cup coconut milk
Cherry tomatos
Green veggie of choice - spinach, bok choy, etc.
6 large slices of prosciutto, cut in half
Basil

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Line the sides and bottom of each muffin tin with prosciutto.
3. Mix eggs and coconut milk.
4. Add veggies and basil.
5. Bake for 20 min.

Some shrinkage occurred but the coconut milk helped stave away the rubbery texture. You can store in an air-tight container after gobbling up 3-4 fresh out of the oven.



No comments:

Post a Comment