Finishing up medical school

Eight more days until I know if I matched into residency...but twelve more days until I know where!! I thought February and March will be chillaxing but again, my expectations were apparently set too low. Between finishing an ethics thesis paper to organizing Match Day for my colleagues (and me!), here are the fun in-between-ers:

I love when friends visit and we go explore what Houston has to offer outside our comfort zone that consists of Chinatown and cards. Our last meal with Heaven was at Fat Bao: soft shell crab in a bun and huuuge slices of pork belly! Duo then dropped by the weekend after and we went to a Corgi dog show. I probably squealed and aw'd more than I had in decades.



Valentine's day: a day trip to Louisiana with friends Simon and Doreen. I don't think I'll ever hold this much money in one palm again.


Lunar New Year 2015: First time I had mom and a close family friend visit me!! I took her to the epitome of cafe & bakeries, Common Bond, where we had a ginormous egg sandwich. Then 2 hours later we went to Kata Robata for happy hour and more. It's our favorite Japanese restaurant based on quality, price, atmosphere, and service. I forgot how fun it is to eat with mom and Dr. Wang - they ordered almost the entire HH menu.




The month of March  ushered in Houston's Rodeo. I've only been once to see Enrique Iglesias (2012). This time it was to see John Legend! Notably, it was Chad's first live concert, too.



As I'm finishing up the last week of class (ever), I'm looking forward to Match Day and related festivities. The gravity of next week's announcement has never felt this heavy...!

No comments:

Post a Comment