break take

I'm back from a weekend retreat called home sweet home. I couldn't have asked for a more relaxing time. Friday night we were warmly greeted with home cooking and soup. The morning after, we took my brother to an audition followed by some heavy shopping. I found the perfect chunky knit sweater, which I am happily modeling in the photo ;) 


Then we had an epic 5-hour hot pot marathon. I don't know how my mom does it. Homemade shrimp balls, lamb, beef, and fish with bottomless mushrooms, taro, and tofu. Even the delicious sesame-based dipping sauce was self-assembled. She also made my favorite "salsa", which is simply diced tomatoes and avocado with a splash of sriracha sauce. Our course was paired with two bottles of Italian Merlot...ooo, I am already craving for more.


No comments:

Post a Comment