Goodbye, Rice!

I forgot to mention  my new diet. I've been going as carb-free as often as I can. It's not about losing weight or depriving myself of a great joy in life. It's about living healthier, eating healthier. Breads, rice, pastas are delicious creations but there's plenty of caloric and nutritious value found in fruits, vegetables, and meat. Your digestive system will love you, and so will your waistline.

After 2 months of this change with some yoga on top, I do find myself with more energy and no longer binge-eating or suffering from food comas. Cutting back on the rice or bread at home, I've initially struggled with "oh my gosh, what can I eat??" as I look into the fridge. Let me leave you with a favorite option!




Egg & Chives Pancake
5 eggs
1 cup of chopped chives
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp soy sauce
Sugar, salt to taste

Instructions are simple. Deconstruct the egg yolks, add the rest of the ingredients, and cook on medium-high. Serve with some chinese vinegar and chili paste -- so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment