everything's better homemade?

Celebrated 2nd set of exams with a Halloween block party yeah! I did my interpretation of the psychothriller, the Black Swan. It was my first time making a costume...can you blame me that it was entirely for the makeup?

A tutu took much longer to make... it was 8pm and I was still frantically stringing the tulle pieces on. It became a whimsical tangle of tulle (read: bird's nest) instead of the clean lines of a real tutu. I loved how it added a messy, spookiness that is Halloween.

My favorite part was making the feathered bust. I couldn't find good feathers at the craft store until I walked past these fantastic decor wreaths. The metallics and color-shifting green elevated the otherwise uniformly black costume. I'm saving these for a future mask ;)

(I love the people who brought their cameras, tehe)


No comments:

Post a Comment