Good eats: E-Tao

We heard that this small restaurant in the busy busy Galleria had the best xiao long bao in town. The very next day, a group of us headed north to test the waters. E-tao surprised us with its authentic Chinese food. Not only was the restaurant layout reminiscent of those in Hong Kong, but the entrees were flavorful and mm mm MMM, tastes like home. The soup in the xiao long bao was bustling hot and hit just the right notes. They reminded me of the famous Din Tai Fung, the Michelin star-ranked Taiwanese dumpling house specializing in xiao long bao. I think I'll be planning a second trip soon :) I only wished the service was better because we lacked the soup spoons. 
Some other dishes we tried were beef brisket (an instant favorite!) and bean leaf. I have the say, the portions were delicate compared to their price. We also ordered some noodles that didn't come in until these plates had cleared. Again, the service could've picked up one or two extra steps.  All in all, I think I'll stick with the beef and xiao long bao.  

No comments:

Post a Comment