Scrubbing in

This week was excellent. We're in cardiac, respiratory, and renal this block and that meant clinically-related fun stuff. We had a phlebotomy session, class for auscultation of heart sounds, EKG readings, and I worked at a emergency center! I got to do blood draws. I could see myself in there for hours taking orders, running blood tests, etc. It's a good break from the books. The patient interactions and technical skills are teaching how to become a better doc...some patients even know what you're doing more than you do!

I feel so privileged to be under this institution and this career path. Cannot imagine myself doing anything else besides learning new stuff every day. Plus, in my elective class today, we spent half the class watching a Scrubs episode.

How awesome is that?

And meet the new addition to my house, a blender! Or more like its offspring. This was a peach and plum soy milk blend. I'm looking forward to making blends like berries and carrots, pomegranate and ginger, the good stuff to nourish your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment