Sweet Potato Pie

After hearing NPR's piece about a chef making his nana's sweet potato pie, I jumped onto my computer to find its recipe. I love sweet potato, more so than the pumpkin parade. Without wanting to make crusts, I first did a trial with muffin pans to make little tarts. To celebrate a year of clinics, I up-scaled it to a crust-less square pie (is it still called a pie...?)


Crust-less Sweet Potato Pie
1. 1 lb sweet potatoes
2. 1 cup rice milk
3. 2 eggs
4. 1/2 cup brown sugar
5. 1 Tbsp nutmeg & cinnamon mix

Instructions
1. Microwave the sweet potatoes with a damp paper towel on high for 8-10 min or until fork tender.
2. Preheat the oven to 375F
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients together. Mix until the batter is smooth.
4. Transfer the batter into your container of choice. Bake for 45 min or until golden brown.

Optional: Brush the top with some sweet condensed milk and bake the remaining 10 min.




No comments:

Post a Comment