A quick update

Currently sitting at Chad's office after a couple of hours of studying. It's nice and quiet on this Sunday with caffeinated options in the lounge. Why haven't we done this before?

My first month in medicine, summarized as such: we had fun pulling small pranks, and our attending was the boldest person ever. She supplied loads of snacks and drinks for our tired souls and even treated us to Crave cupcakes. When I surprised them with Tiff's treats during our last call night, she first asked "You're bringing in a surprise? What, a male stripper?". And I had to defend my verbal antics (awesome blossom, bad news bear, bomb dot com). Although the hours were longer than surgery (surprisingly), I would do it all over again. Morning report was my favorite hour - 60 minutes of playing House. And pizza at our boss's place staying past our bedtime with laughter and japes capitulated the camaraderie of medicine that I love.

The first years have trickled in, and the face in the mirror staring back at me every morning is now an MS3. I'll have to remind myself to keep writing, keep documenting this passage. The next few weeks will be in infectious diseases with one of my favorite classmates (going to pest her with my dslr), TAing cardio, and begging for research.



No comments:

Post a Comment