A transition

Today started out with waking up at 6am not because I need to be in clinic by 7am or that there is a class to attend. After 3 months of surgery, I'm finally finished with the rotation and this morning marked the first hour of transitioning into my Ethics elective. Catching the first branch of sunlight peeping through our windowsill, I packed an egg and crumpet breakfast and headed out with my backpack lightly stuffed with Methods of Medical Ethics, a netbook, and a journal. Class started at 9am.

The weekend was phenomenally heavy with a sense of lightness. I didn't have to think about what chapters to read or how many Q banks to do. My mom was also in town with my aunt, who was visiting the US for the very first time. Needless to say I treated my fatigued brain to lobster dinner, dim sum, and jolliness over a glass (or two..) of fine wine.

A birthday photoshoot, an evening at the golf course, and an hour-long perusing of the aisles in Trader Joe's punctuated the lazy days. And this upcoming week? Who knows?


 Le Peep restaurant: Florentine Benedict


 Superstar ENT team members with our gear; who knew these babies were still used??

Mah Jong 


Found a zen place to study. Green tea in a fancy schmancy teapot. 


Study snack: sourdough bread with peanut butter and honey with fruit. Accompanied by this Korean Almond Walnut Job's Tear tea that a friend gifted. Its nutty flavor and protein content hits the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment