A sidenote

Here's to the effort of recapping after each rotation. This weekend marked the end of the General Surgery month encapsulated in 5-to-5 shifts. I spent the first day napping after taking overnight call, something I will miss doing for the next year. Although it was the first time I tasted pure fatigue, waking up every half hour to make sure I didn't miss any trauma codes, I loved the time I spent with my upper levels. Friday night also marked the Boston capture of the bomber. Every hour I bypassed the hospital's internet filter to read the news. I then spent the next hours updating every one around me (well, not really. I wasn't that annoying, ha!).

I then woke up to a Sunday with Chad making hash, eggs, and a side of cucumbers decorated with a strawberry. Making my way to a new study spot, the Path of Tea, my nose reburied itself into the pages I've neglected. This was, however, not without splurging on Trader Joe's half a block away (I really need to stay away from that place). The good thing that came out of was a homemade version of a pesto pasta from one of our favorite local restaurants. Yes, pesto was homemade. Will update with pics, must catch some more z's for now.

1 comment: