Chinese New Year Celebrations


For lunch, I wanted to make Chad's favorite sandwiches at one of the local restaurants we frequent. The Andersons 'Bout Time of Black Walnut Cafe is a grilled chicken breast burger packed with avocado, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, and alfalfa. The freshness of the cucumbers and tomatoes complement the buttery avocado and the bite of the red onions. I substituted pea sprouts and added a side of potato hash. It was a stark deviation from our usual rice and stirfry meals but I got to say it was a good idea I bought enough avocados for seconds.



LNY dinner highlighted college friends and a reunion with the ultimate duck dish.

 Peking duck

 How many boys does it take to take out the fish spine?



And another food-related topic:
I was introduced to this drink during morning report at the hospital -- and I'm a convert! This gingerale is not syrupy or sugary, leaving you only a complex depth that of real ginger. It even has that little bite at the end, tickling your taste buds. And if you add a little lemon...sir, one more bottle please!


Lastly, I de-prioritzed sleep once again to stand in line at 7:30a on a Sunday for another clothing collection. The Target x Prabal Gurung collection toots bold colorwheels of flowers, red, and flare. I went for a simple red dress -- perfect for LNY and all romantic occasions ;). This is my first red item in my closet, too! I love the high-waisted circle skirt and hidden pockets as well as the lining underneath. However, dear Target, please use better zippers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment