Thanksgiving holiday

Drove up to Plano after 5 months without seeing mom, and I immediately got spoiled by her cooking! My favorite type of thanksgiving dinner is just us with simple dishes, a glass of wine, and hours of talking. I'm going to brag about her humongous shrimp dish because it was almost the size of my palm. Let the pictures speak: 


 Our thanksgiving dinner -- who needs turkey when you have these gems on the plate?




Wintermelon soup -- scraping the tender meat and all its goodness 


Best chef in the world, my momma



What I was busy doing for 2 hours


Thanksgiving leftovers for lunch -- equally as good


A family snapshot on my brother's birthday

She sent me back to Houston with tons of braised meat and fruit. Yum! Cannot wait to head back for Christmas. There's just 3 weeks left before I finish pre-clinicals and it has never been more exciting. I'm so thankful for my family and friends for everything they've done. Going to try to make the rest of 2012 count. 

No comments:

Post a Comment