May flowers

Graduation, attended. China tickets, booked! And filling my time with good company, as always.



On Friday, I tucked my temerity under the rug and sang a few songs in kareoke town. My pride and voice went out soon after but it was super fun nonetheless. I then went to recuperate with some tea seeped in a fungus-jelly like...organism. Tasty. But the surprise of the night was hearing the hostess, a short tomboy, sing with a voice that bloowws you away! We mustered up our courage to sing afterwards. Talk about little packages comes with big surprises.


The weekend was also marked with a party hosted by Chad's coworker. The house was custom built with the timberline style -- lego-like and sans nails. Engineers never sleep! It had an organic feel to it with its Brazilian cherry, fir, and oak boards. We (they) had a generous number of wine as we sat around a small fire until the host dozed off asleep. It was warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment