Healthy tips: smoothies

I walked in the usual supermarket in Chinatown the other day surprised to see strawberries for $0.99! Helloo, strawberries! I picked up several packs as well as bananas and happily made mini smooth packs when I got home.


A smoothie a day keeps the doctor away. It is a handy way to stay nourished inexpensively. After taking them out of the freezer, I add a cup of yogurt before blending to give my digestive flora a boost. Here are some smoothies that are sitting in my fridge:

#1 Strawberry and banana
 4-5 strawberries
Half a banana
1 carrot

#2 Berries
4-5 strawberries
Blueberries
1 carrot

#3 Tropical
Papaya
Half a banana
1 carrot
Apple slices
Orange slices

Carrots are rich vitamin A, which are essential for eye function and firms your skin. Gotta have it.

Papaya is packed with vitamin E, which smooths your skin and keeps it radiant.

Blueberries are packed with antioxidants! They have tremendous health benefits. Think anti-cancer. My family has a history of cancer, so I take the effort to eat at least 1 anti-cancer foods a day: blueberries, tomatoes, and/or broccoli. You are what you eat *crosses fingers*.

No comments:

Post a Comment